Managing work and life is becoming more challenging with each passing day. Traffic, money, family issues and many other stressors have left us in the middle of the eddy of success.
For those who think success and work-life balance are not the text of the same page, here are some quotes to help you reconsider your views on daily management.
- “Don’t confuse having a career with having a life.”
- “A man should never neglect his family for business.”
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
—Thomas A. Edison
- “You don’t have to make yourself miserable to be successful. It’s natural to look back and mythologize the long nights and manic moments of genius, but success isn’t about working hard, it’s about working smart.”
- “Those who feel satisfied with their personal lives are more satisfied with their careers and perform better.”
― Michael Hyatt
- “Don’t take things too seriously. I would never de-value the importance of your business; but it’s not worth sacrificing your life for.”
— Ben Yoskovitz
- “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful…that’s what matters to me.”
– Steve Jobs
- “You may not believe in something called work-life balance, but your body does. You need to monitor and nurture your body.”
– Vivek Wadhwa
- “Balance is not better time management, but better boundary management. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.”
- “Take care of yourself: When you don’t sleep, eat crap, don’t exercise, and are living off adrenaline for too long, your performance suffers. Your decisions suffer. Your company suffers. Love those close to you: Failure of your company is not failure in life. Failure in your relationship is.”
People have different views on attaining a work-life balance, and for many it doesn’t even exist. Having a satisfactory life is the path to a perfect mix of work and life. So find your rhythm and cherish the things that really matter. Because, sometimes, you need to step outside, get some fresh air, and remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be.